- Open Source
- Availability of readily made plug-ins.
- Fixed number of programming languages.
- Programming can be easily mastered for ionic apps.
- The same code can be run on a different platform. E.g. iOS, Android, and Windows.
- The performance of the ionic applications is not up to the level as it would work when developed natively.
- It cannot provide security as native apps do.
- It doesn’t have plug-ins for every requirement, so it takes more time to develop separately new plug-ins.
- Since Native apps are written for the specific platform it can work very fast and efficiently on a particular platform.
- The skilled programmer can develop it smoothly.
- Easily available on the OS-specific app stores.
- It requires approval from the app store, So the app developed on the native needs more security than the ionic framework.
- It can be an expensive venture if the app, which is being made, has to be made for too many platforms.
- The cost of the app maintenance becomes more if it is developed for different platforms.
- The procedure of getting approval from the app store is quite cumbersome and a bit lengthy process.
|2.||Ability to work on other platforms||Ionic is able to run a single code on various platforms.||To run on another platform a new code is required to build from the scratch.|
|3.||UI and Themes||Ionic has a whole set of UI and Themes to select from.||The developer has to code UI as per the platform.|
|4.||Splashscreens and icons||A single Splashscreen works on all the devices and platforms.||For each device and screen size the developer has to create a unique Splashscreen.|
|5.||Styling/CSS||“Ionic creater” provides easy Styling and CSS just by drag and drop options.||Styling requires a unique coding to do the customization and design requirements.|
|6.||Performance||The apps are a little clingy and slow.||Native provides fastest and smoothest feel of the applications.|
|7.||Availability of plug-ins||Ionic has a wide range plug-ins, which makes the development phase faster.||Plug-ins are required to be coded so as a result take time for the development of the application.|
|8.||Cost of development||Developing an ionic application is affordable, as one ionic developer is capable enough to build an app that can run on any platform.||A fortune amount is required for each version of different operating system.|
|9.||Use of device features||An ionic app can utilize device features by using a third-party framework; Cordova.||A native application doesn’t require any third party platform or medium, it can directly use the device features.|
|11.||Graphics Performance||Not efficient with 3D Games and Graphics||Aesthetic and fast for Gaming purpose|
|12.||Reliability||Mostly dependent upon third-party plug-ins.||Very reliable because of structured code writing|